Near Death To Life- A Living Testimony.


"Your mother will die within half an hour?" said a very senior doctor as he talked to me. I will never ever forget those words for my entire life, because it is sealed in my mind!

My mother was very very sick and was admitted in a renown neurological hospital in our town in the year 2006. She was kept under close observation in Intensive Care Unit; and the test results showed, that she had multi-organ dis-function; her kidneys were failing, liver, respiratory tracks and lungs were infected; horrifying ulcers developed on her back and fingers (ulcer caused by high sugar) and over and above she was down with hypokalemic periodic paralysis; as she was unable to breathe, she was on ventilator. It was a perfect state of near death.

I inquired the doctor about her possible recovery, he said, "lets keep our fingers crossed; we usually lose such cases." There seemed but a very little hope for her survival and it seemed as though she had reached a point of no return; atleast medically.

We were all in a fix and were considering on our next course of action. All through, the thought that kept lingering in my mind was that "it takes a rugged road to see the birth of a powerful testimony and if I wanted God to begin on our behalf, I must end."  We were  struggling with finances and with a little hope of her survival. 

As we discoursed, my uncle asked, whether we would like to continue in hospital or take her home and pray. You know, there was faith like a tiny mustard seed in my heart that kept saying "If I wanted God to begin, I must end and I must put my trust on the Lord who will richly repay." As I pondered within myself; two things were for sure: either Jesus would take her home or the Jesus would heal her and make a great testimony out of her; convinced with the voice within, I suggested that she be taken back home.

A Tough Decision:

We had to make a tough decision of withdrawing her from the hospital as her health was critical. It was all the more tough to go to the doctor and ask him for a discharge. I walked into doctor's chamber and requested, he blatantly replied, "do you want me to remove all the life supporting system?" When he said that, a chill tingling went though my nerves. I thought, "how could I, a son, see my mother dying" but the voice within me reassured, "if you want to see the hand of God, you must continue to trust Him", then I recollected myself and responded, "yes, you may remove." I was convinced that whether my mother lives or die, I was still the winner; because she was eternally secure in the arms of Jesus.

The doctor refused to give me an ambulance and said "Your mother will die on the way back home; I am giving you half an hour or at the most one hour, she will not even reach home, she will die on the way." He flatly refused to provide saying it was an illegal thing to do. Finally, they arranged a private ambulance for us.

As they began to remove the life supporting systems; the nurse (a known friend) said, "Even if she dies, let her die here in the hospital" but we persisted on our stand. 

A Miracle Was Awaiting:

The hour when we arrived home, it was as though count-down had begun. There was anxiousness, heaviness, uncertainty looming over. We all began to pray and cry aloud to God- then half an hour passed by, then an hour, then 12 hours, then a day... my mother was perfectly fine. Following days, we continued with fasting and prayers. After two days, same nurse (a close friend) called us up from the hospital, thinking that my mother was already dead and we had already buried her, but she was amazed to learn that  my mother was still alive.

You know? two days passed by, then a week, then months, then years; praised the Lord! my mother finally went to be with the Lord on 10 Dec 2012, after more than 6 years of recovery. She was back from near death and from a point from where only a miracle could have brought her back. There is nothing impossible with God. It was a time to witness yet one more time that "what is impossible with men is possible with God." 

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." (Psm 146:3)

You don't need to have a huge faith to let God work in your life, it just takes a faith like mustard seed... seed that grows. Just remember, when God acts on behalf of you, He acts beyond your ability to ask or imagine. Not because we are great; but He is!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly more than all we ask or imagine according to His power that is at work with us." (Eph 3:20)

God is no respecter of person; what He has done for us, He will do for anybody who comes to Him in faith.

"...without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Heb 11:6)

May the Lord richly bless you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU TRUE CHAMPION?